Thursday, June 25, 2015

Vlog #1



Adventuring Vlog #1 is now published. Out the gates with a quirky attitude and some basic sound advice. Always travel with a garbage bag. If you watch the video you may be able to guess why I would come to that conclusion.

This video was not intended at first to be a Vlog of any kind. I was driving downtown one day and saw an excellent looking bridge that I had never been on before. So I decided to take a detour and I parked a little ways from the bridge and walked along the lake until I got there. It was incredibly serene and there was almost no one around. I thought, wow this would be the perfect time to sit under my umbrella and have a nice read. But there was no where to sit that wasn't soaked, thanks to the heavy rain that was falling. I thought to myself, I really wish I would have brought a garbage bag to sit on. The rain was coming down too hard to stop and open my backpack to grab my little notebook to make a note of this thought. But I still had my phone in my hand from taking pictures, so I decided to just make a video note. That is why it starts out "Note to self." After I recorded this note, the thought occurred to me that it would be fun to chronicle my adventures and what I learn from them. So everyday for a week I filmed myself on an adventure. Soon I fell in love with the idea of video adventure blogs and have been going since. I will be releasing one every week from here on out, indefinitely. They will be posted here and also on my Youtube channel "The Adventures of Styx".


Thanks for watching, I hope you enjoy my adventure insight!

No comments:

Post a Comment